[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 11 most recent journal entries recorded in
|Friday, September 1st, 2006|
|Midi Mag Episode 7.
In this episode.
1. A very cool show returns to the internets as a podcast. Check out Jeremy Hartley's Wholenote show.
2. I play a clip from another cool podcast called Project Studio Network.
I couldn't put direct links to Bob's interview because it would screw up the feed, andfor some reason, episodes aren't in my juice receiver,so you'll find them on the site.
3. Peter Gabriel has offered up all the original tracks for "Shock The Monkey." Its a remixin contest and the best remix wins an SSL Deuende. My buddy Ian has submitted an awesome remix, and it is now in the top 20. Click Here
to vote for Ian.
4. A rant about companies who take peoples money for the purpose of exposing your music. I site an article found href="http://cdbaby.net/tips
5. Neal Ewers
compares several mics.
6. I demonstrate the giant Squid Audio
206 600-midi (6434
|Tuesday, August 22nd, 2006|
|Wednesday, August 16th, 2006|
|MidiMag Epesode 6.
In this epesode.
1. The Pro Tools Petition
has been live for a few days slau gives us a brief comentary on the petition. Click here
to sign and show your support.
2. ick dotson calls in to give his responce to my commentary on the elior smith thread.
3. jim Fidler brings us part 2 of the review of the eteral r09.
Interact with the show. either leave a comment here, or call the midi line at (206) 600-midi (6434).
Also, feel free to send bits into the show by ++emailing them to email@example.com via yousendit.
Direct mp3 downloadhttp://bestmidi.com/~kevinree/MidiMag6.mp3
|Saturday, August 5th, 2006|
|MidiMag Epesode 5.
In this epesode.
1. We take some phone calls regarding the podcast in general.
2. Neal Ewers
Talks about the Sony MZR H1, and compares it to the Eteral r09.
3. The long awaited commentary regarding Nick Dotson's post on Eliot Smith and depression among creative artists.
Give us a shout. Call (206) 600-midi (6434.)
|Wednesday, July 5th, 2006|
|MidiMag Episode 4.
In this epesode.
1. I take a pole on whether you all want programmed shows, or to have presentations come down the feed as soon as they are published.
2. Jason Dasent demonstrates JSonar, www.jsonar.org.
3. Rory Hoffman demonstrates the roland VG 8 guitar synth. Here's the direct link for the product page. http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=442
Give us a shout on the midi line. (206) 600-midi (6434).
Leave a comment here on the journal, or just email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use this email address to send me audio feedback on any topics discussed on the podcast or the list, and to send me links to presentations you want to submit.
Direct download for the podcast.http://bestmidi.com/~kevinree/MidiMag4.mp3
|Friday, June 30th, 2006|
|MidiMag Episode 3. The Motif edition.
Well folks, after a week's worthof recording, rerecording, and re-re-recording, it's finally here. The episode will tell you all about my frustrations.
In this episode
1. Bryan Smart, www.bryansmart.com,gives us an introduction to the motif, outlining it's button,knob,and jacklayouts, as well as brief descriptions of the modes.
2. Jason Dasent shows us how to use the Motif Mix editor from John Melas, http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/
3. I was going to do a bit regarding the Eliot Smith thread on the list, but got so frustrated with Sound Forge that I rant about it for about 10 minutes. The Eliot Smith bit will overflow to episode 4.
Theme music provided by Ross McGregor.
Transitional music into Bryan's podcast is an R and B remix of "In Love With You by BrianSmart. Musiccoming out of Bryan's podcast comes from "Get The Door" available at www.bryansmart.com.
|Tuesday, June 6th, 2006|
|Midi Mag episode 2.
Thanks to Ross McGreggor for creating outintro andoutro theme.
In this episode
1. Slau, www.slau.net, shows us some editing tricks in Pro Tools.
2. Jim Fidler, www.republicofavalonradio.com, shows us hisnew Eteral R09 recorder.
3. Victor Tsaron shows us how to use the Roland GT8 guitar processor.
Hotline, (206) 600-midi (6434)
|Wednesday, May 17th, 2006|
|Midi Mag episode 1.
1. Intro and rundown.
2. NealEwers,www.ravenswood.org, gives us a comparison of 3 microphones. The Neuman tlm 104,the Barenger b1, and the Studio Projects b1.
3. Ross McGregger shows us how he uses Cubass SX with Auto Hotkeys along with his Control Surface.
4. I demonstrate how to build an amazing musicians website using Host Baby, www.hostbaby.com.
1. Neal Ewers- Crystal Night
2. Neal Ewers - Coming Home
3. Chris Wright- Rock Track
4. John Ram - Hope To You
5. Slau - ColdOne
To contribute to future episodes, senda file via www.yousendit.com to email@example.com.
To leave feedback via phone, call 206 600-Midi or 6434.
|Wednesday, May 10th, 2006|